BC-TMH: Board Certified-Telemental Health Training Content
Learn and stay current in this rapidly evolving field with key educational modules offering the best in telehealth information to prepare participants for the continued growth in telehealth. The certification programs will provide the foundations of telehealth for learners interested in utilizing telehealth for the delivery of health care.
New College Institute's STAR Telehealth and The Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) have developed a training opportunity designed to help professionals practically implement telebehavorial health services using video in HIPAA-compliant manner. You will be directed to CCE's Learning Management System to register and enroll in the modules. Qualifying individuals who complete the training series are eligible to apply for the Board Certified-TeleMental Health Provider (BC-TMH) credential.
The BC-TMH credential was designed for:
- Addictions counselors;
- Marriage and family therapists;
- Social workers;
- Recovery coaches; and
- Other mental/behavioral health professionals
The BC-TMH requires:
- Approved training in telemental health provision.
- Successful completion of a written knowledge assessment.
- A commitment to abide by established industry standards of care and laws in telemental health
- Continuing education to maintain the credential.
Additional requirements also apply to maintain the credential.
- Introduction to Telemental Health: An overview of the industry, market forces, practice requirements, funding and growth of telemental health
- Best Practices in Video Telemental Health: Ethical and legal considerations from state licensure laws and mental health disciplines
- Crisis Management: Protocols for managing psychosis and duties to warn and protect
- Settings and Care Coordination: Understanding of clinic and direct-to-consumer differences, factors and terms
- Direct-to-Consumer Care (DTC): Requirements for legal and ethical DTC services
- Presentation Skills: Instruction in skills for presenting via video
- Orienting Clients/Patients: Demonstration of client informed consent and education
- Choosing and Using Technology: Identifying appropriate technology and use considerations
- Information Privacy Security and HIPAA-HITECH: HIPAA training related to telemental health