Certified Telehealth Coordinator and Technology Professional
The Certified Telehealth Coordinator (CTC) Certification Program is designed so that its graduates will have the skills to correctly and confidently coordinate virtual encounters with physicians and a variety of specialists.
CTC Certification includes the following modules:
- Telehealth Overview and Applications
- Technology Used & Live Interactive Visit
- The Telehealth Coordinator and the Telehealth Team
- Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Clinic Basics and Working with the Telehealth Presenter
- Certified Telehealth Coordinator: Attributes of Successful TeleHealth Programs & Building Awareness and Support for the Telehealth Program
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of this certification, you should be able to:
- Discuss the main drivers behind the expanding application of Telehealth.
- Define Telehealth and Telemedicine.
- Describe the benefits of Telehealth.
- Explain the role of the Telehealth Coordinator.
- Define the Presenting/Patient Site and Provider Site.
- Describe the technology required for Telehealth Services.
- Describe the two Clinical Telemedicine Applications: Live Video or Live Interactive Telemedicine Encounter and Store and Forward.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the Telehealth Team at the Presenting/Patient Site and Provider/Specialty Site.
- Define the members of the Telehealth Team.
- Describe the telemedicine encounter before, during and after the Telemedicine Consultation.
- Describe the telemedicine exam room and set up.
- Explain appropriate video conferencing etiquette for the patient presenter.
- Verbalize attributes of a successful telehealth program.
- Explain the necessity to take measures to maintain telehealth skills.
- Define the importance of good record keeping.
- Verbalize specific criteria for measuring a successful telemedicine program.
- Recognize the goal of marketing which is the promotion and advancement of telehealth.
- Identify the different groups/organizations to target for telehealth marketing.
- Identify the benefits that telehealth brings to different targeted audiences.
Learning Outcomes Standard: Based upon the Certified Telehealth Coordinator National Standard.
Learning Outcomes Conditions:
- Complete self-paced certification in its entirety.
- Complete certification within 30 days.
- Pass all quizzes and final with 80% or better.
You will receive a completion certificate with 0.3 CEU/3 credit hours for this course when all Learning Outcomes Conditions have been met.
Lab Information: The CTC course has a required one-time hands-on lab. Successful completion will earn you the title of Certified Telehealth Coordinator (CTC) and Technology Professional. The on-line component for the CTC is a prerequisite to the Technology Professional Certificate. Recipients of the Technology Professional Certificate will gain basic competencies in using and troubleshooting videoconferencing technology and peripherals in the clinical setting; and installation and operation of remote patient monitoring equipment in the home setting. This training will provide participants with hands-on experience in using state-of-the-art technologies.
The on-site training normally takes place at the training laboratory housed at the New College Institute in Martinsville, VA. Due to the success of our "Training the Trainer" program, other training centers may be available.
Approximate Learning Time: 3 - 5 hours for the online pedagogical portion & 2-4 hours hands-on experience in the classroom setting.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this course, please contact Laurie Wardle.