Certified Telemedicine Clinical Presenter & Technology Professional
The Certified Telemedicine Clinical Presenter Certification (CTCP) is designed so that its graduates will have the skills to correctly and confidently present patients during virtual encounters with physicians and a variety of specialists.
PREREQUISITE: The CTCP must be clinically trained to complete a basic exam.
CTCP Certification includes the following modules:
- Telemedicine/Telehealth Essentials
- Telemedicine Clinical Applications: Live Video and Store & Forward
- Telemedicine Consultation: Before, During and After
- Video Conferencing Etiquette, Record Keeping, and Maintaining Presenter Skills
- The Attributes of a Successful Telemedicine Program and the Promotion & Advancement of Telehealth
- Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM)
LEARNING OUTCOMES: Upon completion of this certification, you should be able to:
- Discuss the main drivers behind the expanding application of Telehealth.
- Define Telehealth and Telemedicine.
- Describe the benefits of Telehealth.
- Define the Presenting/Patient Site and Provider Site.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the Telehealth Team at the Presenting/ Patient Site.
- Describe the two Clinical Telemedicine Applications: Live Video or Live Interactive Telemedicine Encounter and Store and Forward.
- Describe steps for a Live Telemedicine Video Encounter / Consultation & Store and Forward Telemedicine Consultation.
- Describe the telemedicine exam room and set up.
- Describe the telemedicine encounter before, during and after the Telemedicine Consultation.
- Define appropriate video conferencing etiquette for the patient presenter.
- Explain the necessity to take measures to maintain Telemedicine skills.
- Describe the importance of good record keeping.
- Define the attributes of a successful telemedicine program.
- Describe specific criteria for measuring a successful telemedicine program.
- Recognize that the goal of marketing is the promotion and advancement of Telehealth.
- Identify the different groups/organizations to target for telehealth marketing.
- Identify the benefits that Telehealth brings to the different targeted audiences.
Learning Outcomes Standard: Based upon the national standard for a Certified Telehealth Clinical Presenter.
Learning Outcomes Conditions:
- Complete self-paced certification in its entirety.
- Complete certification within 30 days.
- Pass all quizzes and final with 80% or better.
You will receive a completion certificate with 0.3 CEU/3 credit hours for this course when all Learning Outcomes Conditions have been met.
Lab Information: The CTCP course has a required one-time hands-on lab. Successful completion will earn you the title of Certified Telemedicine Clinical Presenter (CTCP) and Technology Professional. The on-line component for the CTCP is a prerequisite to the Technology Professional Certificate. Recipients of the Technology Professional Certificate will gain basic competencies in using and troubleshooting videoconferencing technology and peripherals in the clinical setting; and installation and operation of remote patient monitoring equipment in the home setting. This training will provide participants with hands-on experience in using state-of-the-art technologies.
The on-site training normally takes place at the training laboratory housed at the New College Institute in Martinsville, VA. Due to the success of our "Training the Trainer" program, other training centers may be available.
Approximate Learning Time: 3 - 5 hours for the online pedagogical portion & 2-4 hours hands-on experience in the classroom setting.