Telehealth and HIPAA
As telehealth programs expand nationwide, it is important for facilities providing telehealth services to be familiar, and compliant, with the established Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards. This course is designed to ensure telehealth professionals have a strong understanding of the guiding provisions of the HIPAA laws pertaining to Professional Health Information (PHI), distribution and protection of PHI, as well as how HIPAA applies in the telehealth setting.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the purpose of the HIPAA Law
- Recognize the two standards of HIPAA
- Identify possible breach scenarios
- Explain ways to be HIPAA compliant
- Understand the role of Business Associates Agreements
- Describe fines and penalties related to HIPAA breeches
- Explain the role of Office of Civil Rights (OCR) audits
Learning Outcome Standard
Based upon the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Standards from the Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
Learning Outcomes Conditions:
- Complete self-paced certification in its entirety.
- Complete certification within 30 days.
- Pass all quizzes and final with 80% or better.
CEU: You will receive a completion certificate with 0.1 CEU/1 credit hours for this course when all Learning Outcomes Conditions have been met.
Approximate Learning Time: 1 hour
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this course, please contact John Maxwell.